accenting summer fashion
It's May already, and that means that we're being bombarded with fashion advice coming from everywhere from the billboards and Pinterest, to a fashion blogs, Lookbook and the latest Marie Claire article. It's pretty exciting for those of us who like to stay in tune with the latest styles, but it can be a bit overwhelming. Sometimes it's nice to focus on those accessorising trends as they are a bit smaller than the latest clothing style - and, after all, it's the little things that count.
My favourite example for summer 2013 is in looking at different ways to accent one of the main trends, which is stark colouring. All-white clothes are everywhere heading into this summer, along with the classic styling of plain black and white. I love wearing black and white but rather than telling you which white or monochrome outfits to go for, here are 5 different ways that I like to accent the overall look.
1. neon nail polishWe already know that neon is in this summer, and many runways are crowded with loud neon clothing designs. But you don't need a vibrant yellow dress to join in on this trend. Instead, think about complimenting your all-white outfit with bright neon nails! This gives a bold, noticeable, but not overwhelming look perfect for summer and perfect for me.
2. bold sunglassesSunglass styles are pretty loud this season, with frames testing the limit between inventive and just plain mad being launched all over the high street. But, with an all-white or monochrome summer outfit, the right frames can give you just the accent you need. Whether it's neon sunglasses frames, striped frames, or even a vibrant leopard print design, there are so many options this season. If you wear glasses, you may want to invest in some acuvue contact lenses to free up your eyes for some amazing sunglasses and increase your styling options.
3. rose gold jewelleryOne of the most attractive accessory trends of the year (as with the past two) is m favourite of all - rose gold jewellery. If you're looking for a more subtle look then rose gold is the perfect compliment to just about anything you might wear this summer. Rose gold catches that relaxed summer attitude in a way other jewellery just can't and I can't get enough of it.
4. hair stylingPointing out a single hair trend would be to ignore the huge array of styles you'll see this summer, but doing something inventive with your hair can add fun and style to your summer look. Something to consider this summer is wavy or curly blonde hair. From the always-trendy Marilyn Monroe look to this year's Gatsby obsession (and Daisy Buchanan's hair), these looks are super chic and nice and easy which is always a bonus for me.
5. gemstone jewelleryIf neon isn't your thing, gemstone jewellery is an easy way to add some colour to a simple and colourless outfit. Fake, real, earrings, necklace, beads or jewels, statement necklaces are not hard to find and are fun options to play with. Time to hunt for some classic Pat Butcher earrings I think ;)
Now bring on the sun!